Saturday, 23 February 2013

Farmyard Nail Art and Barry M's Textured Polish

I stopped by Boots today and saw the new textured polishes both Barry M and Seventeen have out now, I love the fact that both brands have chosen polar opposite shades. Barry M have pastels for Spring, and Seventeen have bolder colours such as a bright red and blue - I got the blue!

I wanted to use the textured polish straight away, but I had also planned a Farmyard themed nail art session as I went to the farm today with the family. I combined the two and the results are...



I used OPI Nail Envy for base, then on all except the thumb I used the new Barry M textured polish in Ridley Road - 3 coats and no top coat. I added nail art grass accents using Rimmel Lasting Finish in Green Grass, and the pink flower with a dotting tool; Rimmel 60 Seconds in Portobello Pink and NYC Lexington Yellow.

For the cow design on the thumb I used Models Own Jade Stone as a base colour, then my other new polish I bought; Essie in Blanc. My No 17 white polish has gone gloopy :( and I thought I can probably rely on Essie to be great, and it does seem to be a lovely white with a slight pearl.

I used two shades of brown for the spots and ears; Barry M in Cappucino and Revlon Colourstay in French Roast (coffee crazy!), the same pink for the nose and the Models Own nail art pens for detail.
I used Seche Vite to dry it quickly, but then the Essie Matte about you mattifying topcoat, which I haven't used much but its certainly growing on me!

And here's the fun I had at the Farm with my little newphew!



No comments:

Post a Comment