Monday, 18 March 2013

Weekend Nail Art

Was a busy weekend this one! Did my nails twice and two of my friends, and discovered the wonder that is the nail art community on Instagram - amazing! Definatley check it out on there, some fab Instagrammers on there!

So, here is my first set: Vintage



These were for a Instagram giveaway contest - love it, some of the users set themes, some just want you to repost pics, but it's all so fun and such a friendly way of doing things!

I used Essie All in One basecoat, then...
Thumb: Models Own Lilac Dream coated with Max Factor Sunny Pink, and the Models Own nail art pen in white with pearl studs
Pointer: Rimmel Portobello Pink and the Models Own nail art pen in white as well as a dash of Models Own Lilac Dream
Middle: Models Own in Lilac Dream then the white nail art pen for the bow, outlined with Rimmel Portobello Pink
Ring: Essie Blanc with roses painted using Rimmel Portobello Pink and Collection 2000 Raspberry Ripple and leaves were Model Own Lilac Dream
Pinkie: Base of Rimmel Portobello Pink then topped with OPI Sephora It's Bouquet with Me and dots of Essie Blanc

All topped with Seche Vite.

Second set: Retro Leopard



Looking back at this perhaps it's a little odd that I did my own name in a heart banner....but I hasten to add that my husbands initial is on my other hand! Should have thought that through though!

I used OPI Nail Envy as a base, then for all but my ring finger I used Nails Inc Portchester Square as base, then for the ring finger Models Own Red Alert and Barry M Red Glitter (all topped off with Seche Vite).

I did the different designs using a combination of the Models Own nail art pens in white and black and the heart in Models Own Red Alert again.

Sarah:


I got my friend Sarah over as she has the best nails I know (hell of a compliment!) and I wanted to try water marbling so wanted a good canvas! Needless to say that went terribly - more practise needed (!) so instead we did something super pretty!

I used Essie Blanc as base colour, then for the pink roses both Rimmel Raspberry Ripple and Rimmel Portobello Pink and Models Own Lilac Dream for the leaves.
For the lilac roses I used Wet n Wild On a trip and Models Own Lilac Dream, then Rimmel Raspberry Ripple for the leaves.

All topped off wth Seche Vite but of course!

JimJam:


I used Essie All in One base and then:
Thumb: Models Own Fuzzy Peach as base colour, then the Models Own nail art brush in white for the stripes, and Models Own Jade Stone and China Glaze Exotic Encounter for the leaves.
Pointer: Models Own Jade Stone, then Models Own Fuzzy Peach and Essie Blanc for the rose detail, Models Own Jade Stone and China Glaze Exotic Encounter for the leaves.
Middle: Essie Blanc as base colour, then Models Own Fuzzy Peach and Essie Blanc for the rose detail, Models Own Jade Stone and China Glaze Exotic Encounter for the leaves.
Ring: Models Own Fuzzy Peach as base and spots are Essie Blanc
Pinkie: Same as Pointer

Hope you like my weekend of nail fun! Off tonight to do the YMCA ladies nails again!

No comments:

Post a Comment