Friday, 1 March 2013

First studded manicure!

I was so excited to recieve all of this in the post this week; flocking powder and different studs!!! So exciting!!!


Having been admiring the studded manicures on The Nailasaurus's blog and wanting to try it out myself for ages now I was always going to try that first!

My first attempt:

Basecoat - OPI Nail Envy, for the thumb I used Nails Inc Tate, for the middle and pinkie I used Essie Leading Lady and the pointer and ring finger Essence Make it Golden. I went with the gold square studs, stuck on with nail glue and covered with a top coat of Seche Vite.
Overall I really like the look of studded nails, and it wasn't too tricky to place them - using a cuticle stick and a small dab of glue.

My second attempt I only have a rubbishy Instagram pic of as it didn't stay on longer than an evening, as it wasn't perfect enough! I also need to find a way to get the black ribbon shapes I have to stick better, they just didn't feel 100% secure with just nail glue.


For this I used my OPI Nail Envy as a base, then thumb and middle finger is one coat of black polish (Models Own Black Magic) and one coat of Rimmel Scandalous. Pointer is two coats of Models Own Black Magic, and the ring finger is two coats of Nail Inc Leather effect.
For the pinkie I used OPI Suzi and the 7 Dusseldorfs.
Studs applied with nail glue and topped off with Seche Vite.

I will definatley be trying more of the studded manicures, I love them - especially for a night out. Hope you like!




No comments:

Post a Comment